BIWA has actively been involved in charitable projects since its starting days in 2009 and accomplished many of them. BIWA has helped in multiple ways and forms:
- BIWA VOLUNTEERING PROJECTS
- BIWA FUNDRAISING / DONATION PROJECTS
- BIWA COOPERATION WITH THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- BIWA COOPERATION WITH OTHER WOMEN’S ASSOCIATIONS
1. BIWA VOLUNTEERING PROJECTS
- BIWA supports the education of female High School students who are staying at the Güler Osman Köseoğlu Ortaöğretim Kız Öğrenci Yurdu (dormitory) by holding an INTERCULTURAL SEMINAR: About 10 BIWA members (plus 5 BIWA kids) and around 30 of the 74 students participated and it became a great success – READ MORE
- BIWA members collect garbage in Balat ormanı to help making our city cleaner
- BIWA members provide English and other foreign language lessons to children and students.
- BIWA members provide physical therapy for handicapped children.
2. BIWA FUNDRAISING / DONATION PROJECTS
- BIWA earned nearly 10.000TL for charity at its annual Garage Sale by selling second hand items in good shape – this year it took place at Podyum Park – READ MORE
- BIWA donated 7 Laptops to female High School Students in need – READ MORE
- BIWA supports the Women’s Shelter by giving donations from members and friends
- OÇEM Bursa Autistic Children’s Education Center: through a donation from BIWA the pre-school was completely renovated (new isolated and painted walls, new windows and floor).
- The Lütfi Banuşoğlu İlkokulu project includes the financing of a school library and the modernization of the school’s event room.
- Donation to ‘Make a Wish Foundation’ (Bir Dilek Tut Türkiye) for a 9-year old boy from Bursa.
- Animal Food donation to Hamitler Animal Shelter in Osmangazi, which treats dogs, cats and horses.
- Donation to the Uludağ University to support the project ‘Geçmişten Günümüze Bursa’ (Bursa, from past to present).
- Mor Salkım (Donation): BIWA donated the profit from the Spring Garage Sale.
- Oncology Department of the Uludağ University Hospital. It is a project of members from the Bursa Symphony Orchestra (Senfoni Mızıkacıları), who are helping together with LÖDER the children and teenagers of the Oncology Department by performing to them. BIWA organized toys, clothes and books as a contribution.
- Mazlumlar Köyü Ilkokulu: BIWA organized a trip to the sea side including picknick, kite and museum fun, with the children of Mazlumlar Köyü.
- GÜÇ KAT Dezavantajlı Kadınlar Sosyal Yardımlaşma ve Dayanışma Derneği: BIWA donated the profit from the ‘Winter Garage Sale’.
- Mazlumlar Köyü Ilkokulu: BIWA, in collaboration with FKT Koltuğu, supported the primary school, which is located in the mountains, with new doors, windows, stoves, a screen and a projector.
- Children’s Clinic at Uludağ University Hospital: BIWA donated all profits from the ‘International Recipe Book’. The book, compiled and published by our members under the name ‘Food from around the World’, was a big seller.
- Syrian refugees support: BIWA collected clothes for syrian refugees in cooperation with the Union Francaise Istanbul.
- Kızılay Bursa (Red Crescent): BIWA collected clothing for further distribution.
- Çağdaş Yaşamı Destekleme Derneği: BIWA contributed to a female student’s education scholarship.
- Kanserle Savaş Derneği: BIWA supported families with cancer patients by buying selfmade scarves from the members of the Kanserle Savaş Dernegi.
- OÇEM Bursa Autistic Children’s Education Center: BIWA gave a donation for an Academic Class.
- 6 Nokta – school for the blind: BIWA regular visited the school (English conversations / book reading to blind people).
- City of Van: BIWA gave a donation for the earthquake victims.
- Cekirge Orphanage: BIWA donated 50 pair of winter shoes.
- Women’s Shelter Bursa: BIWA organized clothes, furniture, medication and other nursery supplies for new-borns.
- Niş Café: BIWA regulary holds coffee meetings at Niş Café, which is run by handicapped students of the nearby Nilüfer İş Okulu.
3. BIWA COOPERATION WITH THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- BURSA Kent Konseyi (City Council): BIWA participated in the founding of the ‘Foreigners Working Group’.
- International Women’s Day: BIWA organized a presentation of a documentary about Sabiha Gökçen at Merinos in Bursa.
- International Denim Day: BIWA organized a protest with the BKKB.
4. BIWA COOPERATION WITH OTHER WOMEN’S ASSOCIATIONS
- BIWA participated at the International Women of Istanbul (IWI) Christmas Bazaar. The profits from sold handcraft items made by BIWA members were donated to charity.
- BIWA participated at the Winter Bazaar in collaboration with Türk Anneler Derneği Bursa (TAD). Profits were given to charity.
- BIWA, in collaboration with Uludağ Rotary Club and Yeşil Rotary Club, donated all profits from the Winter Bazaar to charity.